A residence permit is a document confirming the right to long-term residence in the territory of a country of a person who is not a citizen of this country – that is, a foreign citizen or stateless person.
A residence permit is a document that gives the right to freely leave the country and enter it during the period of validity of the permanent residence permit.
A document for a residence permit in Turkey looks like a card and is called «ikamet». The duration of the residence permit is determined by the authorities of the Migration Service.
Registration of a residence permit gives the following advantages: the provision of medical services and treatment in public medical institutions, obtaining or renewing a driver’s license, teaching children in public educational institutions, applying for mortgage loans as citizens of the country.
List of documents for obtaining a residence permit in Turkey for property owners:
- A completed application form;
- Taxpayer number;
- 2 biometric photos;
- Original and copy of the applicant’s passport, copies of pages with stamps of the last entry into the country;
- Upon renewal, a copy of the expired residence permit;
- At the request of the employees of the Migration Service, a certificate of income or a bank statement on the availability of funds in the account;
- TAPU and its copy confirming ownership of Turkish real estate;
- Valid medical insurance;
- Receipt for payment of fees for registration of residence permit.
List of documents for obtaining a family residence permit in Turkey:
- Birth certificate;
- Permission to consent to a residence permit from a mother or father;
- Court statement;
- Marriage certificate;
- Death certificate.
All documents must be translated into Turkish, notarized and apostilled at the consulate of the applicant’s country of residence.